Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An Experiment - you rate it!

I did this sort of experiment dish (I'm sure it's been done somewhere in the world but I tried it anyway) - for dinner last night. It's a Paula Deen type dish. My husband enjoyed it and that's what counts!

So I know this is horrible but I did bacon wrapped pork chops? HA! Don't say a word - pork wrapped in pork is not my idea of a healthy dinner but it sure made a good one! Wait till you hear just what I did with it!

I seasoned the porkchops, layed out about three strips of bacon, topped the bacon with a thin layer of pepper jack cheese. Then, I plopped the porkchop on top, wrapped 'em up and secured it with a toothpick.

Now wait - I'm not done!

I dipped it in egg and dredged it in flour, fried it (to cook the bacon thoroughly) then baked it for 30 minutes more.

Crazy right? It turned out really good, well...interesting. I think I would like to try this with chicken sometime and stuff it or possibly with portobello mushrooms? We'll see what I come up with next!

No comments: