Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Simply Smashing!

I hope I nailed the interview.

When I got there it was packed. There were already almost 100 people ahead of me (I was number 98). Boy what a long wait. I arrived around 12 noon to check in. Conversations were buzzing all around. I made my way to a seat. I gave my girlfriend a call about 1230pm.

"AaAaAh - guess where I am?"

"Where?"

"At the interview, I'm just waiting to be seen!"

I had notified my friends and from California to New York the word was out. Everyone is patiently waiting to hear.

I am SO excited and humbled and grateful for the support I have here. How loved am I!!!!

So the waiting game began. I met a bunch of nice people all hoping to be the Next Food Network Star. Conversations of food and technique flared as time continued.

The bartender greeted me kindly, "Would you like a drink my dear?"

"No thanks," I said. "Too excited, my stomach couldn't bear it..."

Time continued on and I took a walk downtown to get some air. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky and the ocean breeze blowing through my hair.

Upon my return they were announcing number 68. Whew! Forty more numbers to go!

At about 4:30pm I was seen by this very sweet woman named Amy. She asked me about my background and how I came into cooking. I had a great time talking to her and sharing my passion for food. She seemed to enjoy herself as well.

She said I was sweet and she loved my enthusiasm for food! Now I am just waiting to see if I get a call back.

I will keep you all posted!!!

No comments: